By Shiela Alemania
“His grace is enough.” This is the sentence that best describes the impact of the retreat experience that I had.
The Singles Weekend Retreat that we had reminded me of the following things:
- We focus too much on feelings – we forget that we are rational beings.
- You have no control over your reactions but you have control of your response.
- Desire should not be the criterion of our conduct.
- “God is too wise to be mistaken. God is too good to be unkind. If I don’t understand, if I can’t see His hand, if I can’t trace His plans, I have to trust His heart.”
- Your past does not define your future.
- Do not let the sun go down in anger.
- If God takes away something, He replaces it with something better.
- Forgiveness is not a feeling but a decision.
These insights I got from the retreat remain as my buddies in my everyday journey. Honestly, until now, I am challenged to apply these spiritual lessons. With the grace of God, I am reminded to be still and believe that by God’s grace, I can always stick to these insights.